Valid as of December 1, 2021
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE
Anyone who processes Personal Data is either a data controller or a data processor.
A data controller is any person or entity that determines the purposes and means of the processing. A data processor is any person or entity that processes personal data on behalf of a data controller. In the case of you using our Service, we are the data controller. In case we provide services or products that are not developed or provided by us, the third party providing such services or products is responsible for your Personal Data. We assume no responsibility for such third party services or products. We do recommend that you take part of respective third party’s general terms, confidentiality undertakings and privacy policies.
The use of Personal Data is i.a. necessary to fulfil our obligation under contract entered into with you when you create an account with us. Other times, it may be necessary for one or more legitimate interests of ours and, in such cases, we evaluate the impact of such activities on your rights and freedoms and only proceed with the activities if our assessment shows that your interest is not outweighing ours. For certain specific use-cases, we will base our use on your consent, which you can revoke at any time and we will then stop using your data. There may also be situations requiring us to collect personal data to comply with law.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
While using our Service, we ask you to provide us with Personal Data. The Personal Data can be provided directly from you or indirectly and is Personal Data such as
- Information you choose to send to us or provide us with, for example when you create an account and a profile with information such as e-mail, name and any other information you enter,
- name, e-mail address and profile picture(s) from Facebook if you have chosen to register your account via Facebook, Google or Apple,
- content you post in social feed such as text, photo, video, and comments on other’s posts,
- users you choose to follow in social feed,
- your saved plants, areas and the activities including photos,
- when you use and for what you use Gardenize for, such as log activity and pages you visit,
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We will use collected Personal Data to
- administer our Service and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing statistical and survey purposes,
- to improve our Service to present content in the most efficient manner for you,
- for trend monitoring, marketing and advertising,
- for puroposes made clear to you when submitting Personal Data, for example to provide you with information you request about our Service,
- as part of our efforts to keep our Service secure.
- provide customer support
You may opt out of receiving any marketing or advertising information from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
SHARING OF DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
We use a external partners to provide the Service, for example system for user management, database for logged activities and cloud service for storing data. We may share your Personal Data with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who we employ to perform tasks on our behalf. These companies include for example website analytics companies (i.e. Google Analytics), payment processing providers (i.e. Apple Store In-App Payments, Google Play, Stripe). Further we share, amonge Gardenizer users, account name, country location and international hardiness zone. Should you approve a Gardenizer to follow you or set your profile to public your profile information, plants, areas activities is shared with that Gardenizer or all Gardenizer that follow you. Should Gardenize change ownership, we may transfer the Personal Data to the new owner.
Your personal data will be disclosed to the following actors who are personally responsible for their processing of your personal data:
- Google LLC and its affiliates. Read more about Google Analytics and Google’s processing of your personal data here https://policies.google.com/privacy
- StripeInc. Read more about Stripe Inc and Stripe’s processing of your personal data here https://stripe.com/en-se/privacy#controllers-and-jurisdiction-specific-provisions
- Apple Inc and its affiliates.Read more about Apple Inc and Apple Inc’s processing of your personal data here https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/
- Facebook(Meta) and its affiliates. Read more about Facebook and Meta’s processing of your personal data here https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We store your Personal Data for different periods of time depending on the category of Personal Data. Some Personal Data might be deleted automatically based on specific schedules such as marketing information.
Other Personal Data, for example account information, might be retained for longer period of time based on the contract you have with us. Also, we might further retain information for business practices based on our legitimate interest or legal purposes, such as network improvement, fraud prevention, record-keeping or enforcing our legal rights.
We use the level of security that is the industry standard when it comes to encryption, storage, firewalls, backups etc. No system is 100% secure and there is always a small risk that data will end up in the wrong hands. By using our Service you accept this risk and will not hold us liable for any unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure or other factors that may compromise the security of Personal Data at any time.
If you believe that we incorrectly processes your personal information, you can file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority in your country.
We encourage you to use a strong password so that no one can guess your login details.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You own your Personal Data and therefore you have rights to understand how your Personal Data is used. The use might vary, depending on how the Personal Data is processed.
You have the right to
- get confirmation on whether or not we are processing your Personal Data, information about such Personal Data, why we use it, how it is shared and for how long we store it. You can also get a copy of your Personal Data.
- in some cases, request that we delete your Personal Data. This is the case for example where the Personal Data is no longer necessary given the purposes it was collected for, or if you withdra a consent you have given and we do not have any other legal reason to keep your Personal Data.
- object to our use of your Personal Data when our basis for using it is our legitimate interest or when we use it for marketing purposes. In some cases, we can continue to use your personal data even if you have objected to our use. This can be if we show compelling legitimate reasons that outweigh your interests or if needed in relation to legal claims.
- correct or update any inaccurate Personal Data and ask us to have incomplete Personal Data completed. When possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- request that we restrict our use of your Personal Data. This could be the case when accuracy of your Personal Data is questioned by you, or the processing is unlawful, but you do not wish it to be deleted and instead you want us to restrict our use of it.
- file a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can to this in the EU/EEA member state where you live. For us, the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection (in Swedish Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten, or short, IMY) is the primary supervision authority. You also have to contact your national supervisory authority or seek remedy from a national court.
- at any time to withdraw any given consents to our use of you Personal Data.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You can delete your Gardenize account at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will then delete things that you have registered, including photos, in Gardenize. This data cannot be recreated.
Removing the app from your phone does not delete your account.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party webbpages or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (‘Children’, ‘Child’).
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from Children. If you are a Child, please do not attempt to register for our Services or send any of your Personal Data to us. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we will delete such Personal Data from our servers as quickly as possible.
You have the right at any time contact or files complaints with the relevant data protection authority.