This is a great summer dish, that I can not serve enough of to my family. Onions, peppers and zucchinis are all vegies that can be homegrown, even if you have a small garden.
Ingredients for Chicken Primavera
- 4 marinated chicken breast
- Lemon juice
- Soy sauce
- 1 red onion, cut in half and cut in half again
- 1 red pepper, cut length wise
- 1 zucchini, cut in disks then cut in half
- Queso fresco (or any white cheese that melts easily)
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Marinade chicken, place chicken breasts in ziplock bag with 10 ml lemon juice, 10 ml soy sauce, salt & pepper, for 30 mins to 6 hours (no longer).
- Cut four slits in marinated chicken, fill slits with slices of zucchini, red pepper and red onion in each cut.
- Sprinkle with cheese of choice.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder & paprika to taste.
- Bake at 190 C for 35 mins.
Serve with rice or potatoes, and fresh lettuce.
Do you want to cook from your own homegrown crops?
Make sure to keep track of all your crops in the Gardenize garden app to get the best possible harvest in the future. Available for both mobile and computer. Download it at the App Store, Google Play, or sign in on the web.
You can read all about Gardenize on the website website.
More recipes on Gardenize
Here you will find recipes that you can cook from what you grow in your garden!
Get the most out of your container garden with inspiring recipes for delicious cocktails.
When your greenhouse produces an abundance of cucumbers or, when the organic cucumbers are sold at a good price on the market, then it is important to take the opportunity to make your own pickled cucumber!
Baked Kale chips are wonderful low-calorie nutritious snacks, and like potato chips, it is difficult to stop at just eating one. They are thin, salty, crunchy, healthy! Great for parties and for upcoming Holiday Season. Enjoy!
Seal off the perfect dinner with this fresh and sweet mascarpone parfait topped with fresh berries from the garden
A hot summer day need cooling drink. Try this fresh, sparkling drink where the sour and sweet meets in perfect balance
Great side dish made from homegrown greens, onions and garlic. You find plenty of nutriants in this green summer plate